Resume // CV
Do you want to know if we’re a good fit? I’ve put together a resume of my best work history as a copywriter. Hopefully it helps. Much of the work I’ve completed is not currently displayed in my portfolio, so get in touch if you want to see any more examples. If you want to learn about me and my approach to copywriting, see my about page.
This is where I bravely stepped into the unknown, and embarked upon a journey into the wilderness. That is, after enjoying the shallow waters of part-time freelancing. I was fortunate enough to be picked up by Treacle, a copywriting agency. Today, I work with them on a variety of projects.
I’ve produced a brochure for an S&P 500 materials manufacturer, messaging for a property holding company, case studies for designers of high-profile digital tools, UVPs for agencies, and a variety of other projects.
- Video briefing and interviewing agency owners & clients
- Working collaboratively with clients and managing projects
- Writing & editing copy for brochures, blogs, and case studies
- Following thorough and extensive copywriting processes
- Working collaboratively on UVP and messaging strategies
Writing about games for a living? Sounds good. After working closely with the operations and product manager to develop a style that suits the businesses long-term goals, I took on the role of English copywriter at Crazy Games. My work here mainly involves writing game, category, and tag pages with a high focus on SEO value.
- Developing a Google-friendly copywriting style-guide
- Writing machine-understandable game and category pages
- Refining multiple high-value, high-volume keyword pages
- Editing and optimising game and category pages
This was my first copywriting job, fresh out of sales, and before that – university. This job was a blessing. Why? Because it was a composite of passions. Writing and music. More specifically, drums, my instrument of choice.
I started as a copywriter for drums & percussion. Not long after that, I was promoted to copy editor. I wrote product pages, category pages, blogs and buyer’s guides, as well as editing content from the two astute writers on my team.
- Creating engaging, original copy for all pages
- Following company ToV guidelines
- Writing compelling and persuasive buyer’s guides
- Following recommended internal SEO practices
- Editing writer’s copy and providing feedback
- Organising workload for the drums & percussion team